Tuesday, August 16, 2011

The Crocodile Pool

A short drive from home brought Alex and I (accompanied by Mustapha and Muhammed) to Kachikally Crocodile Pool.  Kachikally is home to 80 Nile crocodiles that have taken up residence in the middle of the small community of Bakau.  The wild crocs have become so accustomed to visitors that you can go right up and pet the scaly skin and according to the guides no one has even been hurt. I, however, still kept my distance.

Journeying to the pool with Muhammed and Alex.



Alex thought it was so funny when I discovered I was standing on biting ants.

Alex was the only one who willing went close to the giant reptiles

Muhammed was not a fan and clung to me the whole time.  He preferred observing the pool from afar (as did I).
Mustapha did not help ease Muhammed's anxiety, he was ready to run and hide.



No comments:

Post a Comment